Here at Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, Inc., your safety and well-being are our highest priorities. Everything we do is centered around making sure your heating, cooling, and plumbing systems are working properly, and that includes making sure they’re safe and are not a threat to your home or your health.
However, sometimes things come along that are beyond anyone’s control, and lately our nation has been faced with the challenge of the rapid spread of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus. We understand there is a lot of uncertainty and fear about this disease, so we’re going out of our way to redouble our efforts to promote cleanliness, sanitation, and total and complete safety for you and your loved ones.
We’re Now Proud to Offer a Contactless Experience
Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air is proud to now offer an improved, contactless experience so you can get the services you need in the safest way possible. The contactless experience encompasses all aspects of a typical service visit, from the moment we first arrive at your home until the moment we depart. Throughout our visit, we’ll be doing things a little bit differently for now in order to keep you and your loved ones protected in your home.
Contactless services will be a bit different from other services in the past. In the past, we may have greeted you with a handshake, had you sign hard copies of forms, and even taken payments either with cash or via credit card. However, with the uncertainty in the world brought about by COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions, and that means doing away with many of these formerly common parts of our services.
Today, we now great our customers with a thumb-up or wave to avoid shaking hands. We don’t mean to be unfriendly or off-putting—we simply want to avoid having to make physical hand-to-hand contact with you. Our technicians will be wearing proper protective equipment, including masks, gloves, and protective foot covers, they will be keeping them on throughout the service in order to minimize the possibility of accidental exposure.
We’re now collecting signatures via contactless methods as well. We’re doing away with paper forms that take up space and consume trees excessively and going to an entirely electronic platform.
Here’s what you can expect :
Our technician will email you the estimate, you can approve electronically & then upon completion our technician will collect payment onsite by sending you an electronic invoice where you can pay by credit card on the spot. (this option is only available if paying by credit card) The entire time we will remain at the 6 foot distance when possible.
If you choose to pay by check or cash, then we will be wearing all PPE safety equipment and ask that you do the same to.
Here are just a few of the things that our team is doing to try and protect ourselves from accidental exposure to this disease:
- Our call center is asking customers if they have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If so, we kindly ask to schedule the appointment for 14 days after the onset of symptoms.
- Our technicians are used to giving customers handshakes and hugs, but we’ll have to just go with a thumbs up for now.
- Our technicians will do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance where possible. Don’t worry, it’s not awkward, we’re used to it already.
- Our technicians have always worn gloves and shoe covers and will continue to do so.
- Our technicians will frequently clean their equipment with sanitizers and even clean their TRUCKS daily.
- We are providing a contact free experience so long as we have your email- our technician can email you the estimate & invoice for you to sign electronically – no contact needed.
- When available, our technicians will wear masks and gloves.
Out of an abundance of caution, we’ve made changes to our office processes to minimize unnecessary interactions, such as only having 1 -2 people in our office at one time handling your customer calls. Please be patient with us as staff is limited. Others may be working remotely.
COVID-19 Coronavirus is a contagious disease, however it is highly preventable if you simply follow a few additional precautionary measures.
According to the CDC, the following measures help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol
- Keep away from others that are sick
- Avoid touching high-traffic surfaces in public places (doorknobs and handles)
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces in your home
- Avoid all non-essential travel
Symptoms of Coronavirus closely resemble that of a low-level flu, including fever, achiness, cough, shortness of breath, or fatigue. If you develop emergency warning signs, including difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, or a bluish-color to your lips or face, seek emergency medical help right away. If you do need to seek medical help, wear a mask and call ahead to your medical facility to inform them that you are coming. Many facilities are implementing special procedures to try and limit exposure and spread to as few people as possible.
However, for low-level symptoms, it is possible to recover at home. Call your healthcare provider and let them know about your symptoms, and they should give you instructions to quarantine yourself in your home. Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away immediately after you do. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water. Get plenty of rest, and do your best to try and limit contact with other family members and pets.
At Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, Inc., we understand that plumbing or HVAC problems don’t stop for public health crises, and our team won’t stop repairing them for you. If you come across an issue that needs fixed, call our team at (561) 708-4989 today.