Here at Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, Inc., your safety and well-being are our highest priorities. Everything we do is centered around making sure your heating, cooling, and plumbing systems are working properly, and that includes making sure they’re safe and are not a threat to your home or your health.
However, sometimes things come along that are beyond anyone’s control, and lately our nation has been faced with the challenge of the rapid spread of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus. We understand there is a lot of uncertainty and fear about this disease, so we’re going out of our way to redouble our efforts to promote cleanliness, sanitation, and total and complete safety for you and your loved ones.
Here are just a few of the things that our team is doing to try and protect ourselves from accidental exposure to this disease:
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of our desk, phones, cubbies, and work surfaces daily. High-traffic areas such as doorknobs, handles, water fountains, and public plumbing fixtures are receiving additional disinfecting.
- Mandatory handwashing. All technicians who need to enter the office are temporarily required to go straight to the bathroom to wash their hands before they may conduct their business. Additionally, all technicians are required to turn in their paperwork away from the office in order to minimize face to face contact. Techs are also required to thoroughly wash their hands after every service call.
- Minimize contact with others. All team members are advised to stay at least three and a half feet away from others at all times.
- Cleaning tools. All technicians are required to clean their tablets, pointers, and styluses after every use.
- Mandatory reporting. Service techs are required to report all health issues and encounters with those who they suspect may have a health issue as well.
We are also keeping very close contact with the CDC and regulatory authorities for instructions on what to do. Public health is a high priority, and we’re committed to upholding it to the best of our abilities.
COVID-19 Coronavirus is a contagious disease, however it is highly preventable if you simply follow a few additional precautionary measures.
According to the CDC, the following measures help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol
- Keep away from others that are sick
- Avoid touching high-traffic surfaces in public places (doorknobs and handles)
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces in your home
- Avoid all non-essential travel
Symptoms of Coronavirus closely resemble that of a low-level flu, including fever, achiness, cough, shortness of breath, or fatigue. If you develop emergency warning signs, including difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, or a bluish-color to your lips or face, seek emergency medical help right away. If you do need to seek medical help, wear a mask and call ahead to your medical facility to inform them that you are coming. Many facilities are implementing special procedures to try and limit exposure and spread to as few people as possible.
However, for low-level symptoms, it is possible to recover at home. Call your healthcare provider and let them know about your symptoms, and they should give you instructions to quarantine yourself in your home. Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away immediately after you do. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water. Get plenty of rest, and do your best to try and limit contact with other family members and pets.
At Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, Inc., we understand that plumbing or HVAC problems don’t stop for public health crises, and our team won’t stop repairing them for you. If you come across an issue that needs fixed, call our team at (561) 708-4989 today.