West Palm Beach AC Repair 24/7
Prompt & Efficient Air Conditioning Repair in West Palm Beach
Florida is warm throughout the year, which means a properly functioning air conditioning system is a necessity for home and business owners in West Palm Beach. When your AC system breaks, don’t suffer through the heat and humidity waiting for another company to fit you in – contact the experts at Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air and we’ll send someone out for an AC repair right away!
Broken air conditioning needs repair? Call (561) 708-4989 to schedule an AC repair in West Palm Beach!
Common Air Conditioning Repair Problems
If your air conditioner wasn’t installed properly or you don’t maintain it regularly, it’ll breakdown sooner than expected. Considering how hot and humid it is in West Palm Beach, a broken air conditioner can become more than a mere inconvenience. Regardless of the type of AC system you have, there’s always a chance that something will go wrong, leaving you with little or no cool air when you need it most. If you notice any one of the following warning signs, you should contact a professional HVAC service technician immediately for an AC repair.
Problems you might experience that need air conditioning repair include:
- Your AC is leaking refrigerant - One of the most common problems homeowners face with their AC system is low refrigerant, whether it wasn’t charged properly during installation or it has a leak. If your AC is leaking refrigerant, you’ll need a professional service technician to fix it, test it and charge it properly. Remember that the AC’s refrigerant charge should match the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure it operates at peak efficiency. You should also repair a refrigerant leak right away to avoid harming the environment.
- Your AC's electric coil has failed - Your AC system has more than 100 components that work together to ensure the unit operates properly. Unfortunately some of those components can wear out if you don’t maintain them, including the compressor and the fan controls. This is especially true if the AC cycles frequently, which is common with an over-sized system. Wires and terminals can also corrode over time. It’s important that a professional inspect them routinely to avoid developing safety hazards.
- Your AC isn't draining properly - Because of the high humidity in Florida, it’s especially important for homeowners to check the condensate drain line near their outdoor AC unit. A clogged line can trap water in your air conditioning system, and the evaporator coil will turn it to ice eventually. This can cause your AC to freeze, which will result in either an air conditioning repair or an entire AC system replacement.
Around the Clock Emergency AC Repair in West Palm Beach & Surrounding Areas
At Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, we realize that your AC can break down at any moment. Given how hot West Palm Beach is, we know that’s not ideal. That’s why our skilled professionals provide 24/7 emergency AC repairs. When you call for emergency cooling services, our technicians will arrive at your home in 60 minutes or less, trained and equipped to diagnose the issue and find lasting solutions.
Some of the most common air conditioners we provide AC repair in West Palm Beach for include:
- Central air conditioning systems
- Ductless AC units
- Heat pumps
- Zoned systems
- Commercial air conditioning systems
- Air Purification
We arrive promptly at your home or business to inspect your system and identify the source of the problem. We explain the necessary repairs that can restore your air conditioner and we provide upfront pricing for emergency repairs. We stand behind the quality of our work and guarantee all parts and labor for up to 12 years.
Subtle Signs You Need AC Repair
1. Humidity - Especially in these Floridian summers, the heat is particularly brutal when there's humidity involved. It's not common knowledge that your AC is supposed to regulate humidity as well so call in our West Palm Beach AC repair experts should you notice an increase in your indoor air's humidity.
2. Rising utility bills - If you're noticing an uptick in your electrical bill in the summer time, there's a good chance it's your AC. If something is broken or not working as well as it could, it might mean that your AC needs to do extra work to properly cool and that'll cost you.
3. Less airflow - If you're not getting the same amount of air that you're used to, then you might have a leak in your ductwork that could use the attention of our West Palm Beach AC repair experts. No air means you have unit on the fritz or perhaps a blower fan that's malfunctioning.
4. Smells that are off - Something burning like plastic could be coming from your AC while the musky smell of mold or mildew could mean your unit needs to be inspected by a licensed professional.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
When your AC unit breaks down in the Florida heat, you're left with two options you could either replace the unit outright or call in our AC repair experts. While repair may seem like the more financially prudent maneuver, that's not always the case. You should consider AC replacement if any of the following apply.
1. Your unit requires R22-Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban while the use of this coolant isn't regulated, the production of it has stopped. It will become increasingly expensive as time goes on so it's better to make the switch than repair these units.
2. Your AC is 10 years or older - On average AC units last from 8-12 years so if yours is as old or older then you should reconsider AC repair, particularly if it's an expensive repair, and opt for a new installation.
3. The cost of the repair is high - Usually if the cost of an AC repair comes close to half the cost of a new installation, it's a better idea to get it replaced. If you have an older unit, even a moderately expensive repair should be reconsidered.
4. The frequency of repairs is substantial - While our West Palm Beach AC repair specialists will always be happy to fix your unit, if you're getting to know them by name because they come by so often a new installation might be better for you.
Repairing, Maintaining & Upgrading Your Air Handler
Experiencing a lack of cool air? Your air handler may be to blame. Because your air handler does all the heavy lifting and endures daily stress, it is more prone to failure and other issues. Fortunately, Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air offers emergency air handler services. When you call our 24/7 helpline, we'll dispatch an expert technician to get your system working and get you back to being cool and comfortable. We even offer regular maintenance to find and fix problems fast and can upgrade your old air handler to a powerful and more energy efficient model.
Maintaining Your West Palm Beach AC System
The specialists at Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air have over 55 years of experience under their belts handling air conditioning repair in West Palm Beach and surrounding areas. Along with fixing your system, our service technicians will check your controls, thermostats, and the other machinery that keeps your home comfortable.
Most home HVAC breaks can be avoided with regular maintenance and inspections, which our team members are happy to perform. We aim to fix your system and keep it running for years to come. Join our Protection Plan to receive routine preventative maintenance visits and other perks!
Call today or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our West Palm Beach AC repair experts!